For any of you interested in receiving a free copy of The Christian Grandma’s Idea Book (Crossway.org) OR The Christian Mom’s Idea Book (Crossway.org), visit my blog (ellenbankselwell.wordpress.com) this Friday, March 12, and enter the Give-Away by leaving me a comment. (To see covers of these books, refer to the right side of this blog.)
I’ll be giving away copies (of the books mentioned above) to four different readers. Those who win can choose their books, and I’ll pop them in the mail. Winners will be chosen by random numbers (I’ll get my husband involved here) – not by the content of the comments.
In your comment on Friday, March 12 (this gives you some think-ahead time), please mention either:
(1) something memorable your mom or grandma did for you
(2) something memorable your mom or grandma gave you
(3) tell us what you called your Grandma . . . Grammy, Oma, Gram-grams, etc.
It’s that simple! Your comments don’t need to be long – a sentence or two will do.
Today, I’m including some of the Bible’s references to GIVING:
(1) – “And Joseph gave orders to fill their [his brother’s] bags with grain, and to replace every man’s money in his sack, and to GIVE them provisions for the journey. This was done for them.” Genesis 42:25 (ESV)
(2) – “While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my plea before the Lord my God for the holy hill of my God, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the first, came to me in swift flight at the time of the evening sacrifice. He made me understand, speaking with me and saying, “O Daniel, I have now come out to GIVE you insight and understanding.” Daniel 9:20-22 (ESV)
(3) – “For God so loved the world, that he GAVE his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (ESV)
Blessings to you all – and remember to come back Friday, March 12 and leave a comment to enter the Give-Away!